Our personal injury attorneys can answer any questions you may have about what constitutes negligence and what it means for an injury to be “severe.” If your attorney determines that your accident meets both of these criteria, we will immediately begin building your claim.
What To Do When The Insurance Company Calls You
Once they are notified of your accident, representatives from either your insurance or the at-fault party’s insurance company may contact you. It’s best if you avoid speaking with them. Innocent comments can be manipulated to make it look like the accident was your fault or used to claim that your injuries aren’t severe. They may also try to pressure you into quickly signing a settlement worth far less than you actually need.
An experienced personal injury attorney will take into account your current and future medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses, so you get the compensation you need to cover the true costs of your accident. We’re used to dealing with insurance company tactics, so when the insurance company calls, hang up and contact us instead. We’ll help you figure out whether or not a settlement offer is fair, and we’ll talk to the insurance company for you.
If you have questions about your car accident, we have answers.
Important Things You Should Do After A Car Or Other Accident
Few understand the important tasks necessary to protect your claim. They include:
• Utilize your car emergency kit (flares, cones, first aid, etc.)
• Call the police
• Go to the hospital if seriously injured
• Document all damages to all vehicles (take photos)
• Document license information for all vehicles (take photos)
• If car requires towing, direct the towing company to tow to your home or approved mechanic
• Never admit fault until you speak with legal counsel and understand what that means
• Politely ask witnesses for contact information
• If witnesses agree to favorably offer their statement of the incident, add their contact information to your phone
• Most important, contact your lawyer immediately so he/she can provide you with the best advice
We are here to help you back on your feet. Give us a call anytime.
Trial Attorneys Ready To Protect You
Throughout our years in practice, our firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients, utilizing state-of-the art imaging technology and by implementing results-driven strategies.
We are true litigators. Our lawyers are not afraid of going to court or of standing up to powerful insurance companies if it will be beneficial to a case. Due to our commitment to legal excellence and triumphs in the courtroom, we have earned many prominent awards.
Our lawyers have been bestowed with many honors showing our success, including such accolades as:
• Winning National Litigator of the Year
• Received the highest attorney rating (by the world’s leading attorney rating organization) in both ethical standards and professional ability. Scott Mager’s peers rank him with the highest level of professional excellence
• Recognized by Super Lawyers
• Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and The Best Trial Lawyers of America
• Member of Litigation Counsel of America, Proven Trial Lawyers
• Licensed in Florida, New York, Washington, D.C. and Tennessee
• Licensed in the Supreme Court of the United States
• Service as Instructor for Major Trial Training Organizations
• Service as Instructor at Judge Training Sessions
• Member of Florida Bar Ethics Committee
• Secured multi-million dollar verdicts and other awards
Contact Us For A Free Initial Consultation
If you’re the victim of an accident, don’t try to take on the insurance company alone. You have rights that protect your best interests, and you may be entitled to more money than the insurance company wants to admit. But you may not know unless you contact Mager Parúas.
Don’t let an insurance company decide what your claim is worth. Call us now to secure a free initial consultation from Mager Parúas today.